Cranberries and pear are sweet counterpoints in this tangy curried chicken salad. Toasted sliced almonds add a nutty crunch.
4 servings | Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- · 6 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- · 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- · 1 tablespoon curry powder
- · 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken breast (see Tip)
- · 1 ripe but firm pear, diced
- · 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- · 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- · 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- · 4 4- to 5-inch whole-wheat pita breads, cut in half
- · 2 cups sprouts
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise and curry powder in a large bowl. Add chicken, pear, celery, cranberries and almonds; toss to combine.
- Fill each pita half with 1/2 cup chicken salad and 1/4 cup sprouts.
From EatingWell: September/October 2009